Burton Dasset Hills Country Park
The SMSA's flying site is Burton Dassett Hills Country Park, a Warwickshire County Park located close to the M40 (Jct 12 - Gaydon). There is a daily parking charge payable at the Pay and Display machine or you can purchase a yearly parking permit
The SW slope (Windmill Hill) is an open treeless site, with a flat landing area to the left of the slope. Parking is behind the slope.
The N - NE slope is partially covered by trees, but with strong lift, with landing behind the slope Parking is to one side of the slope.
Flying & Landing
South West Winds
1. Model parking area.
2. Models should be launched directly out from the slope
3. Models are to be flown in this general flying area.
4. Landing approach will be fly down wind, Before reaching the road make a 180 degree turn back into wind for landing.
5. Landing area.
North North-East Winds
6. Model parking / launch area.
7. Depending on wind direction:
10. Landing approach will be flown as indicated, sweeping round behind Pleasant Hill.
11. Landing will be up the slope towards the model parking / launching area.